Mowing your lawn properly is just another way to keep a nice looking and healthy lawn for years to come.
Tips For A Healthy Lawn:
- Mow at a angle (different direction) each time.
- Avoid turning short turns on the grass if you can. Instead, if there is a driveway or sidewalk, then make your turns there instead of on the grass to keep from killing the tops.
- Avoid scalping your lawn.
- Keep your mower blades sharp and free from bends. Keep another new set on hand. (sharpen every 4 to 5 weeks.
- After fertilizing, avoid mowing for at least 24 hours.
- The first mowing of each year, mow closer than normal to get rid of the dead grass.
- After the first mowing, raise your mower cut height and avoid mowing to close. Mowing a little higher than normal will make for a healthy lawn, and it will insist that you mow more often, however it is worth it.
- Avoid allowing your lawn to get to tall. This makes for a mess to clean up from all the extra piles of grass and clippings, and makes for having to use a bagger on your lawn mower.